India is known as the biggest marketplace for beauty products especially fairness products. Among Indian society being fair is the ultimate form of beauty and people are literally going nuts to achieve that fair looking skin irrespective of the repercussions.
Companies are grabbing this opportunity with their both hands and are making products for men and women claiming to get you the fair looking skin that you always wanted. Billions are spent on marketing and endorsements to make us believe that they have finally cracked the code of fair looking skin.
Now let’s address the elephant in the room, how do these so-called fairness creams work or do they really work?
Our skin colour is determined by our race and genetic lineage which determines the quantity and arrangement of melanin which gives colour to our skin.
A Fairness creams can only work to a certain extent. As per dermatology studies, achieving fairness up to 20% is possible, but not more than that. The fairness creams prevent secretion of melanin and only obstruct sun rays. So assist in restoring natural skin and reducing suntan.
Negative Effects of Fairness Creams
Extreme usage of fairness lotions can lead to serious skin damage. Fairness lotions include dangerous bleaching agent like hydroquinone, mercury, lead, nickel, chromium and high levels of steroids that can cause following issues:
– Thinning of skin
– Discoloration of face
– Capillaries become conspicuously visible
– Serious acne
– Hypersensitivity to sunlight
– Rebound paradoxical pigmentation
– Unwanted facial hair growing
– Skin allergy
– Skin cancer
Thus these lotions should be utilised judiciously only under the supervision of a certified doctor.
Do’s and Do Not
What to do
– Use moisturiser during day and prior to going to bed
– Wash your skin with clean water at least thrice a day
– Use sunblock lotion to avoid serious and tanning Ultra violet rays
– Use products which are aloe based. It works well for tanned and inflammation Asian skin.
– Use sun barrier products like shades and umbrella while.
– Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day
– Have antioxidant rich fruits
– Raise the ingestion of Vitamin C. It helps shield against sunlight damage increases cell turnover, and fosters the production of collagen and elastin, the two essential part for skin that is glowing and healthy.
– Exfoliation is one of the most important factors in keeping your youthful glow. We urge weekly exfoliation to brighten the skin tone. Routine usage of an exfoliation removes the old skin debris that clings to the outermost surface of the skin, or epidermis. It is an integrated part of body treatments and facials
What not to do
– DON’T support the stigma of being dark and also the common tendency of fair skin
– Avoid excessive bleaching and products which include hydrochloric acid and Ammonia because these ingredients may cause a serious and mild burn.
– Avoid Merchandises which can cause Acne Breakouts
The basic truth is we don’t need a white skin to show our attractiveness if you’ve healthy, lovely, dark complexion, that means you look good and most important thing is to learn to love yourself. Glossy skin and your Healthy is everything you need to impress whosoever will look at you. Don’t trust every advertisement blindly, be healthy, be wise.